Are you planning on putting up decorative lights this year? Do you have outlets to plug your lights into? I know I have struggled in the past with getting the lights out of the boxes and start stringing them onto the house only to remember I have no outlets where I need them. Are you someone just like me? Why not start the season out right and get Haskin Electric to come to your home and help you out with this dilemma? We are a licensed and bonded Electrical Contractor which services the Vancouver, Ridgefield, Camas, Washougal and Portland areas just to name a few. We employ qualified licensed Electricians who are ready to help you out.
If you are looking to purchase new decorative light strings this year, consider this tip found on the Energy Star website.
ENERGY STAR Qualified Decorative Light Strings:
- Consume 70% less energy than conventional incandescent lights strands.
- Can last up to 10 times longer than traditional incandescent strands.
- Are cool to the touch, reducing the risk of fire.
- Do not have moving parts, filaments or glass, so they are much more durable and shock-resistant than other light strings.
- Are available in a variety of colors, shapes and lengths.
- Come with a three-year warranty, meaning fewer light string replacements.
- Are independently tested to meet strict lifetime and electrical requirements.
- Products labeled for outdoor use are subjected to weathering tests.
- Some models deliver features such as dimming or color shifting.
What is an LED?
- Light emitting diodes, or LEDs, are small light sources that are illuminated by the movement of electrons through a semiconductor material.
- LEDs are exceptionally energy efficient when producing individual colors, many using up to 90% less energy than an incandescent bulb to produce the same amount of light.
- For example, the amount of electricity consumed by just one 7-watt incandescent bulb could power 140 LEDs — enough to light two 24-foot (7.3-meter) strings.
Remember, now would be the perfect time to think about your holiday lighting. Contact us and we will be glad to discuss how we can be of service to you. Mention this website post and receive a 10% discount on your next service call.